In the Seattle area, transportation represents two-thirds of the region’s carbon pollution.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) are a critical step toward reducing carbon emissions and we’re working to make it easier to own one.
It’s a great time to drive an EV. Our EV customers enjoy these benefits:
Charge on our carbon-free hydroelectricity, delivered with a net zero impact.
Programs and Services
We’re conducting a limited at-home EV charging pilot program to help inform future EV solution offerings. Participant benefits include:
- No upfront costs and a convenient monthly payment
- Charge up to 4x faster than Level 1 chargers
- Manage charging from anywhere using your smart phone
This program is not currently accepting new participants, but we expect to have availability in the near future. If you would like to be considered for future at-home charging opportunities, or be notified of other EV solutions as they become available, please contact an Energy Advisor.
Public Fast-Charging Stations:
We’re installing public charging stations across our service territory. These fast-chargers provide a full charge for most EVs in just 30 minutes. Read our public charging FAQ. Find existing and planned City Light public charging stations near you.
Additional EV Resources
- EPRI: A U.S. Consumer’s Guide to Electric Vehicles, 2019 (PDF)
- U.S. Department of Energy: eGallon Calculator – Compare Washington State’s cost of gas against the cost of electricity
- City of Seattle: Drive Clean Seattle Initiative