Optimize your building's performance for greater energy efficiency and savings.
If you’re looking for ways to make your building work smarter, Existing Building Commissioning (EBCx) might be right for you. By making improvements to existing equipment and systems, you can save energy and reduce operational costs while creating a better environment for occupants. Plus, we’ve got incentives to help you pay for it.
- Energy savings of up to 20%
- Reduced operating and maintenance costs
- Improved equipment life and reduced system failures
- Greater occupant comfort and productivity
- Increased building asset value
- Tools and training provided
- Typical payback period of two years or less
EBCx Incentive Structure
|Incentive Type||Seattle City Light|
|Puget Sound Energy|
|Seattle City Light & Puget Sound Energy|
Up to 100% of assessment costs
Up to 75% of commissioning provider costs
|$0.25/sq. ft.||$0.15/sq. ft.||$0.35/sq. ft.|
Up to 100% of provider and implementation costs
The initial assessment of a facility’s energy use is fully funded up to $5,000 per building. Buildings that qualify for EBCx also receive a fixed incentive based on the conditioned floor area. They can also earn a performance-based incentive. First-year performance incentives are paid once savings exceeds 7% for electric and 10% for gas.
EBCx is open to City Light commercial customers who own or operate buildings that meet these characteristics:
- 50,000 square feet or more of conditioned space
- At least 75% of occupied space
- Equipped with a Direct Digital Control building automation system