Energy Efficiency for Large Commercial & Industrial Businesses
When it comes to smart energy use, large businesses can make a big impact: saving money, reducing energy use, and creating a sustainable future. Seattle’s Climate Action Plan calls for a 39 percent reduction of greenhouse emissions by 2030 and an 82 percent reduction by 2050. Your business has a role in this process.
On average, 30 cents of every dollar that organizations spend on energy use in commercial buildings is wasted through inefficiencies.
Now is the time to make energy efficiency a strategic priority for your business. Seattle City Light is here to help you develop a plan that maximizes your budget and demonstrates a return on investment. Improving your energy performance can result in reduced operating costs, increased cash flow, and improved business outcomes in as little as six months. We provide complimentary expertise along with financial incentives to help make any energy efficiency project successful.
- Opportunity assessment: Let’s start with a phone consultation to determine potential energy savings that align with your unique business needs and goals.
- Proposal review: If you have a proposal from a contractor for an energy efficiency project, we’ll review it to make sure that all energy saving opportunities are included, and that it meets eligibility requirements for Seattle City Light financial incentives.
We offer financial incentives to help offset costs for a variety of equipment upgrade projects including qualified high-efficiency lighting, refrigeration and HVAC systems, an improved building envelope, energy management systems, connected thermostats and other measures that are unique to a customer’s business or physical process. Visit our Tools and Resources page for more information and to get started. Still have questions? Contact an Energy Advisor.
- Must be a City Light customer.
- Must be assigned a rate code of medium or large commercial. Not sure what code you are assigned? Ask us!
- Approval required prior to equipment purchase or implementation.
How it works:
Qualified commercial lighting products are available at discounted prices through participating commercial distributors. These products will not be eligible for additional commercial retrofit incentives. For more information, visit a participating distributor or download our Lighting to Go overview.
Follow these steps for all other energy efficiency initiatives:
- Request a consultation and an Energy Advisor will contact you to learn more about your needs, identify opportunities, and provide additional assistance, such as help completing a City Light program application.
- Select a contractor and get a project quote. We recommend getting three quotes from three different contractors.
- Submit your project quotes and program application.
- An analyst will review the application, confirm eligibility, and provide you with an incentive estimate and a Participation Agreement with a notice to proceed.
- Proceed with project installation.
- Submit invoices for project costs to your assigned analyst.
- An analyst will verify equipment was installed as proposed, paid for, and meets eligibility requirements.
- City Light pays an incentive to you or your contractor, whichever you prefer.