Since 2007, thousands of City Light customers have purchased energy-efficient laundry appliances and received our rebates. This combined with other offerings has contributed to a total annual energy saving that is equivalent to the power used by 31,500 homes each year. To those who’ve participated, thank you!
While we’re not currently offering appliance rebates, you can still save electricity and money by choosing high-efficiency laundry appliances. If you purchased and installed a qualified washing machine or dryer before January 15, 2020, you have 90 days from the purchase date to claim your rebate. Check the washing machine or dryer qualified product lists to confirm your appliance is eligible, and then complete and submit this rebate form
Benefits of ENERGY STAR® certified washing machines:
- Use at least 25% less energy and 45% less water – higher efficiency means lower utility bills and better for the environment.
- Require fewer loads – No bulky agitators means more usable space for clothes. More capacity means fewer loads of laundry per week – and more time for you.
- Reduce dryer time – Advanced spin cycles remove more water from clothes so your dryer doesn’t have to work as hard.
Learn more about Energy Star certified washing machine features and optimized settings here.
Benefits of high-efficiency clothes dryers:
Energy Star Certified Clothes Dryers:
- Use at least 20% less energy than a standard dryer – higher efficiency means lower utility bills and better for the environment.
Learn more about Energy Star certified dryer features and optimized settings here.
Select High-Efficiency Dryers:
- Heat pump dryers use 30 to 50% less energy – the most efficient dryers available for even greater bill savings and the least environmental impact.