Since 2007, thousands of City Light customers purchased energy-efficient lighting using our instant discounts at participating retails. This combined with other offerings has contributed to a total annual energy saving that is equivalent to the power used by 31,500 homes each year. To those who’ve participated, thank you!
Benefits of Energy Star certified LED light bulbs:
- Reduced energy costs – They use up to 70% less energy than traditional bulbs.
- Long life – They last 10-20 times longer than traditional bulbs.
- Wide variety of colors & types – They’re available in all shapes and sizes—for any fixture, both indoors and outdoors. LEDs are also available in a wide range of quality and colors, from cool to warm.
- Dimmable – Some are labeled dimmable and can be used with dimmer switches. For best results, check to make sure the bulb is compatible with your dimmer.
- No flicker – They don’t have the annoying flicker effect that you find with other energy-efficient bulbs.
Don’t forget to recycle your CFLs!
CFLs can be recycled free of charge at numerous locations, including City Light North and South Service Centers.
For a complete list of recycling locations, visit lightrecycle.org.