Replacing your lighting with ENERGY STAR® certified LED bulbs is one of the easiest things you can do to save electricity and money in your home. LED bulbs are more efficient than standard bulbs. City Light provides instant discounts on LED bulbs found at many local retailers.
Benefits of Energy Star certified LED light bulbs:
- Reduced energy costs – They use up to 70% less energy than traditional bulbs.
- Long life – They last 10-20 times longer than traditional bulbs.
- Wide variety of colors & types – They’re available in all shapes and sizes—for any fixture, both indoors and outdoors. LEDs are also available in a wide range of quality and colors, from cool to warm.
- Dimmable – Some are labeled dimmable and can be used with dimmer switches. For best results, check to make sure the bulb is compatible with your dimmer.
- No flicker – They don’t have the annoying flicker effect that you find with other energy-efficient bulbs.
Get expert help in stores.
Our staff is available to answer questions and help you select quality, energy efficient lighting for your home.
Don’t forget to recycle your CFLs!
CFLs can be recycled free of charge at numerous locations, including City Light North and South Service Centers.
For a complete list of recycling locations, visit lightrecycle.org.